Per the Howard County Board of Commissioners this ordinance shall become effective at 7:00am on November 23, 2020.
- Everyone should wear a mask in all public places without exception.
- Everyone should maintain social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet from others.
- Restaurant and bar patrons should remove masks only for eating and drinking, and should remain seated at their tables while on the premises.
- Masks are encouraged to be worn by all church attendees during church services and attendees should practice social distancing, and not congregate in large groups after service is completed. Virtual services are still advised for those individuals who are more susceptible to the virus die to age or underlying health conditions.
- School students who are eLearning should refrain from congregating in groups at friends’ homes or in any public place.
- Students as well as other individuals who are quarantined due to direct exposure should stay home and quarantine per CDC guidelines.
- At schools and at places of employment, individuals should avoid gathering in break rooms, lunchrooms, or other common gathering areas.
- Community recreational sports leagues should be conducted with participants only, with spectators limited to family members.