The Howard County Health Department is hosting a free mass vaccination clinic as part of its ongoing
efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
WHEN: Saturday, April 24, 2021 10:00 AM – 11:45 AM and 12:45 PM – 4:00 PM
WHERE: Kokomo Event Center
1500 N. Reed Rd.
Kokomo, IN 46901
HOW: No need to register ahead of time. Please bring your photo ID and insurance card.
“We are beginning to see an uptick in Covid cases in Howard County again. Now is the time to
get your vaccine. The Howard County Health Department wants to make sure everyone who is
eligible is able to access the vaccine, so we are offering this opportunity for a walk-in clinic.
We cannot regain the moments we have missed during this pandemic, but if we make the
decision to get vaccinated to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and our community, soon we
might be able to make new memories with our friends and families.” – Emily Backer, MD –
Howard County Health Officer
Here are some facts you should know:
• The vaccine is available at no cost to you, but please submit your insurance information if you
have it, because an administration fee may be charged to your insurance. Please bring your
insurance card to the clinic.
• Moderna requires two doses for full protection. You will be considered fully protected two
weeks after receiving the final dose of Moderna vaccine.
• You’ll need to show proof of age at your appointment (driver’s license, state ID card, passport).
• Sign up for V-safe, the after-vaccination health checker, on your smartphone, at vsafe.cdc.gov.
If you’ve been fully vaccinated:
• You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet
• You can gather indoors with unvaccinated people of any age from one other household (for
example, visiting with relatives who all live together) without masks or staying 6 feet apart,
unless any of those people or anyone they live with has an increased risk for severe illness
• If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others
or get tested unless you have symptoms.
Once you’re fully vaccinated, you should still:
• Wear a mask and socially distance when in public or visiting an unvaccinated person at
increased risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19
• Avoid medium- or large-sized gatherings
• Protect yourself while traveling
• Get tested and stay home if symptoms develop
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine from the Indiana Department of Health at ourshot.in.gov.