The Howard County Health Department is hosting a free mass vaccination clinic using Moderna
vaccine as part of its ongoing efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
WHEN: Saturday, April 17, 2021 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
WHERE: Kokomo Event Center
1500 N. Reed Rd.
Kokomo, IN 46901
HOW: Register online by visiting ourshot.in.gov or call 211 (866-211-9966) and a
representative will schedule an appointment for you from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EDT daily.
“I encourage every person who is eligible to receive their Covid-19 vaccination as soon
as possible. The best vaccine you can get is the first vaccine you can get. Getting our
community vaccinated is an important step in getting back to the things we have missed
most, like visiting our families and friends. Taking this step allows us to protect
ourselves, our families and our community. Schedule your appointment today!” – Emily
Backer, MD – Howard County Health Officer
Here are some facts you should know:
• The vaccine is available at no cost to you, but please submit your insurance information
if you have it, because an administration fee may be charged to your insurance. Please
bring your insurance card to the clinic.
• If you live with another person who is also eligible to receive the vaccine, you will need
to schedule two separate appointments.
• This clinic will provide Moderna Covid-19 vaccine. Moderna vaccine requires a second
dose for full protection. You will be considered fully protected two weeks after receiving
the second dose of Moderna.
• You’ll need to show proof of age at your appointment (driver’s license, state ID card,
• Sign up for V-safe, the after-vaccination health checker, on your smartphone, at
If you’ve been fully vaccinated:
• You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask or staying
6 feet apart.
• You can gather indoors with unvaccinated people of any age from one other household
(for example, visiting with relatives who all live together) without masks or staying 6 feet
apart, unless any of those people or anyone they live with has an increased risk for
severe illness from COVID-19.
• If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from
others or get tested unless you have symptoms.
Once you’re fully vaccinated, you should still:
• Wear a mask and socially distance when in public or visiting an unvaccinated person at
increased risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19
• Avoid medium- or large-sized gatherings
• Protect yourself while traveling
• Get tested and stay home if symptoms develop
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine from the Indiana Department of Health at ourshot.in.gov