A lot of people are dealing with SUNBURNS right now. We know because Google Trends put out a report that found searches for sunburn remedies are way up. Here are the top five sunburn fixes people are googling right now . . .
1. Shaving cream: It won’t magically get rid of it. But they usually have menthol, which has cooling effects and helps with inflammation.
2. Aloe Vera: aloe vera is the most popular thing people use. It helps with the pain, redness, and inflammation. And it makes your skin produce more collagen, so it heals faster.
3. Vinegar: It COULD help, but it could also make things worse. Some people swear apple cider vinegar works for sunburns. But vinegar is acidic, so you have to dilute it a lot. If you don’t, it can burn you even more
4. Lotion: It should be non-oil based. Anything with oil can trap the heat in and make it hurt more if you put it on too soon. So in general, wait a day with oil-based stuff. But moisturizing while you recover is a good idea.
5. Coconut Oil: Don’t put it on right away or the oil can trap in the heat.