2019 is a brand new year and with that a lot of New Years resolutions to better ourselves, but what about the world around us? Thanks to the Consumer Electronics Show (henceforth known as the CES), we were able to get a look at some of the incredible products that might become a reality this year. Sometimes we don’t hear about different products before they’re being advertised heavily and about to come to stores. Sometimes we miss new tech entirely. But the CES is a close look at what people are likely to accomplish technologically in the new year. If you’ve been listening to the morning show, Jessica and I have touched on a few of these. Here’s my take on the coolest items of the show (in no particular order).
- Audi/Disney Holoride – With self-driving cars on our horizon (hopefully), we’ll have a lot more free time to do whatever you want while traveling. Sure, you could take a nap, but why not spend that time with some entertainment. The Audi/Disney Holoride is taking VR on the road to introduce gaming, television and movies to the highway. Finally the parents get to enjoy watching Shrek on road trips, not just the kids.
- The LG Rollable OLED TV – I know what you’re thinking. A TV on wheels? That’s dumb. Well you’re right, I’m not denying that, but that’s not what this is. The rollable TV is actually a display that rolls up into itself. Picture this, you’ve got a family or friend get together and you’re all hanging out in the living room chatting. If the TV is in the middle of your room, it might be in the way. Not anymore! This television will roll up making it so you don’t have to worry about it being damaged or blocking any space when not in use.
- Widex Energy Cell – Coming out of the entertainment realm and into the practical world. This product is essentially a battery that lasts for 24 hours on only a 20 second charge. Think of the possibilities. No more overnight cell phone charges. No more hearing aids going dead and then just having to deal with not being able to hear until you get a new battery. No more… well you can imagine that the possibilities are endless!
- Samsung Space Monitor – Computer screens are bulky and even though they’re flat screens (unless yours is suuuuuuuper old), they take up a lot of space. Not anymore! The space monitor clamps onto the back of your desk and rests against the wall. This will allow you to take full advantage of the space on your desk.
- Ring Door View Cam by Amazon – it’s 2019, people don’t like answering the door when someone knocks. In the olden days people would jump over the coffee table and race to the door to be the first to welcome their guest. Today, we’re left questioning the integrity of the door knocker. “Who are they? Why are they here? If I just stay quiet they’ll think I’m not home and go away.” Introducing the Door View Cam! You can view the camera right from your home and it will even send you a notification when someone is knocking on your door.
There’s literally hundreds of items at CES every year and although some of them are extremely expensive now, it’s at least cool to see what we can do today with modern technology. What was your favorite thing that you saw at the CES 2019? Keep the conversation going in the comments and tell us what you’re most excited about!