The Kokomo Rescue Mission is holding its Fall Food Drive, from Thursday, October 1 through Monday, October 26, 2020. We are asking for the community and area churches/organizations to gather Canned Food items to help re-stock our pantry. These items will be used in meals for the residents of our shelters, and those we serve in the community through our Grab and Go Meals and Grocery Sack Assistance. Since the COVID-19 pandemic began in March, we have provided over 20,000 Grab & Go Meals and 2,500 bags of groceries have been distributed to those in our community through our Grocery Sack Assistance.
Fall Food Drive grocery bags are available at the Mission Office, local churches and at the drop-off locations around Kokomo. The Fall Food Drive is sponsored by FCA – Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
Requested food items include:
Canned Fruit Dry Pasta & Rice
Canned Vegetables Peanut Butter
Canned Soup Salad Dressings
Chili/Soup Beans Mayonnaise
Beef Stew Ketchup
Ravioli Brown Sugar
Spaghetti-O’s (meat) White Sugar
Canned Tuna Flour
Canned Chicken Spices
Here are the locations available for the public to pick-up bags and drop off the filled bags:
- Kokomo Rescue Mission – 321 W. Mulberry St.
- Gordon Food Service (GFS) – 1745 E. Haven St.
- Meijer – 2301 E. Markland Ave.
- Sam’s Club – 1917 E. Markland St.
- Save-A-Lot – 1303 E. Morgan St.
- Waddell’s IGA – 125 W. Main St., Russiaville
- Walmart – 1920 E. Markland Ave.
- Button CJDR – 1220 E. Blvd.
- Hawg Heaven – 425 W. Defenbaugh St.
- Sunspot Natural Market – 3717 S. Reed Rd.
- Community First Bank Locations: Downtown – 201 W. Sycamore St., West Branch – 2101 S. Dixon Rd., and Hoffer Branch – 1308 E. Hoffer St
- Cross America – 840 Daniel Dr.
- Financial Builders Federal Credit Union: Main Location – 2828 S. LaFountain St.
- First Farmer’s Bank & Trust Locations: Northeast – 2041 N. Reed St., Kokomo South – 410 Flint Way, Downtown Square – 101 W. Sycamore St., and Central Branch – 501 W. Lincoln Rd.
- Solidarity Community FCU Locations: Main Location – 201 E. Southway Blvd and Dixon Square – 118 N. Dixon Rd.
The Fall Food Drive is essential to our ministry helping us fight hunger in our community. We would like to encourage churches and other community groups to be a part of this event. Here are some ways to participate:
- Collect Large, Industrial size (#10) cans of Fruit (helpful for meals served at the Mission).
- Request grocery bags for your church or organizations to fill and return with canned food.
- Have your church youth group or other community group pick up donations from one of the drop-off locations. This would include picking up donations and replenishing grocery bags at least 2 times per week during the drive and at the end of the drive.
Information about this event can be found on the events page of our website: www.kokomorescuemission.org or by calling the Mission Office at: 765-456-3838.